Mechanical Engineering Department is one of the oldest departments in GVIC, established in the year2009-2010. Mechanical Engineering is one of the major activities in the engineering profession and its principles are involved in the design, study, development and construction of nearly all of the physical devices and systems. Continued research and development have led to better machines and processes helping the mankind.
Mechanical Engineers are constantly pushing the boundaries of what is physically possible in order to produce safer, cheaper, and more efficient machines and mechanical systems. Huge opportunities exist for mechanical engineers and they are being employed in nearly every industry. The Department of Mechanical Engineering was established in the year 2007. The department is well poised to shape the students to become highly motivated scientists, engineers, entrepreneurs, & policy makers needed to address complex societal issues.
- The Department offers Under Graduate program in Mechanical Engineering leading to B.E. degree.
- The Department strives to enhance student interest in advances in mechanical engineering, and impart high quality education through well-qualified & highly motivated faculty team, well-equipped laboratories, and instructional facilities..
- The Department underscores the importance of recognizing that mechanical engineering education must be coupled with modern industry practices giving hands-on opportunity for every student to relate theory with practice..
- The Department’s all around sound performance in every sphere of academic activity has a well enough proof that it is student focused.
To Endeavour the excellence in Mechanical Engineering field globally by producing competent and confident graduates to face the future challenges.
- Provide transformative education to students and improving their skills to face the global challenges in Mechanical and Allied Engineering.
- Nurture innovation, attitude, creativity, core competency and serve the society through requisite infrastructure and environment.
- Inculcate real world challenges, emerging technologies and Endeavour the students to become entrepreneurs or employable.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVE (PEO’s)
- PEO I: Graduates shall excel in the field of design, thermal, materials and manufacturing, as successful engineers or researchers or as entrepreneurs.
- PEO II: Graduates will analyze problems, design solutions and develop products as a team member in advanced industrial projects.
- PEO III: Graduates shall have professional ethics, team spirit, life-long learning, good oral and written communication skills and adopt corporate culture, core values and leadership skills.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSO’s)
- PSO1: Professional skills: Students shall understand, analyze, design and develop integrated equipment, thermal devices and composite components.
- PSO2: Competency: Students shall qualify at the State, National and International level competitive examination for employment, higher studies and research.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (POs)
Engineering Graduates will be able to
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Dr.M.N. SHANKAR REDDY.,
Professor & HOD
THE LABORATORIES INCLUDE
- Thermal Engineering Lab Laboratory
- CAD / CAM Laboratory
- Engineering Workshop Laboratory
- Machine Tools Laboratory
- Heat Transfer Laboratory
- Metrology & Measurements Laboratory
- Manufacturing Technology Laboratory
- Material Science Laboratory
- Strength of material Laboratory
We Are Proudly Partner With Following Companies