Diploma civil engineering
Civil engineering is a professional engineering discipline that deals with the design, construction, and maintenance of the physical and naturally built environment, including public works such as roads, bridges, canals, dams, airports, sewerage systems, pipelines, structural components of buildings, and railways.
One of the oldest and broadest engineering disciplines, Civil Engineering involves planning, designing, constructing, maintaining and supervising infrastructures which include facilities essential to modern life like highways, bridges and tunnels, schools, hospitals, airports and other buildings, sewage systems and water treatment facilities. Subsequently, the course also involves protecting the public and environmental health as well as improving existing infrastructure.
According to a new research report by Global Market Insights, Inc, the Civil Engineering Market size is expected to grow up to USD 11.72 trillion by 2025.
Civil Engineers generally have a lot of specialisations to choose from like:
|Construction Engineering||Coastal and Ocean Engineering|
|Geotechnical Engineering||Fire protection engineering|
|Structural Engineering||General Engineering|
|Bridge Engineering||Irrigation Engineering|
|Land development||Materials Engineering|
|Transportation engineering||Urban Engineering|
|Hydraulic Engineering||Water resources Engineering|
Civil Engineering: Eligibility Criteria
If a student is planning to have a career in Civil Engineering then he/she should have to pursue an undergraduate engineering program (BTech) after completion of which students can opt for a job or for a postgraduation program in the same stream. Some colleges also offer a Diploma in Civil Engineering.
Diploma in Civil Engineering
There are many institutes that offer a two-year diploma course in civil engineering.
- The aspirants must have passed class X or its equivalent examination with a minimum of 45% marks each in Science and Mathematics as compulsory subjects. The students must have also studied English as one of the compulsory subjects.
To become a school of excellence that brings out civil engineers with high technical competencies and promotes high-end research to meet the current and future challenges in civil engineering.
- To offer Under-Graduate and Post-Graduate programmes in civil engineering and other skill development courses that add value to student competencies.
- To promote quality education, research and consultancy for industrial and societal needs.
- To inculcate moral and ethical values among the students.
- To impart knowledge with emphasis on the development of leadership qualities in students.
- To provide state-of-the-art resources that contributes to a congenial learning environment.
- To encourage students to pursue higher education and take competitive exams and various career enhancing courses.
- To establish centres of excellence in emerging areas of research.
- To have regular interaction with industry and offer solutions to their problems.
Civil Engineering Programme prepares its students
- to perform their/duties efficiently, effectively and ethically at individual level and also at group level in a multidisciplinary team, contributing to the welfare of the society.
- to analyze data and technical concepts pertaining to the development of infrastructure, design, sustainability, construction management and any other related field of civil engineering.
- to adopt new innovative technology by continuously updating their knowledge through lifelong learning achieving personal and organization growth.
Programme Specific Outcomes – On completion of the diploma will be able to
- Plan, analyze, design, prepare cost estimates and execute all kinds of Civil Engineering Projects.
- Apply modern construction techniques, equipment and management tools so as to complete the project within specified time and funds.
|S.No||Nature of Event||Name of the Event||Date of event|
|1||Exhibition||Seeds of hope – Vision of sustainability- steps towards change||24.06.19 – 30.06.19|
|2||FDP||Living Values||15.05.19 – 17.05.19|
|3||Guest Lecture||Introduction to Research and Scientific Paper Writing more||10.04.19|
|4||Guest Lecture||Finite Element Applications in Civil Engineering||07.04.19|
|5||Guest Lecture||Introduction to MATLAB and its applications in Civil Engineering more||06.04.19|
We Are Proudly Partner With Following Companies