Department of Computer Sciences and Engineering offers various specializations in line with
technological trends along with the core B.Tech (Computer Science and Engineering) Course.
Internet of Things (IoT) is one such specialization vertical offered along with the Computer
Science and Engineering programme. It is estimated that by 2025 there will be more than 21
billion IOT devices in the world, hence it is a virtue to educate our students to be specialized in
Students choosing this elective will study the essential core Computer Science courses and in
addition will study electives related to IoT. The students will do mini projects during their 4th and
6th semester and a full semester project at 8th semester in the field of IoT. On completion,
students of this specialization will gain a robust knowledge in the area of IoT and will be a hot
pick in job market.
- System Design Engineer
- IOT & Smart City – Applications Developer
- IOT & Smart City – Testing Specialist
- IOT Technology Architect / Smart City Solutions Architect
- Technical Support Engineer ( IOT & Smart City)
The end goal is to have plug-n-play smart objects that can be deployed in any environment with an interoperable interconnection backbone that allows them to blend with other smart objects around them. Standardization of frequency bands and protocols plays a pivotal role
in accomplishing this goal.
The increasing number of real-time IoT apps will stress the performance capabilities
of today’s networks. To provide a high-quality user experience, we need to find ways
to reduce the end-to-end latency among machine-to-machine interactions to single-
Programme Educational Objectives:
After few years of graduation, the graduates of B.Tech. (CSE-IOT) will be:
- Lower the total cost of ownership (TCO) for mobile network operator (MNO), network service provider (NSP) and collection and delivery point (CDP) services, manufacturing devices and network bandwidth
- Increase the performance and efficiency of the end-to-end service chain and the automation between consumer requests and billed services delivered via SDN and NFV technologies
- Optimize environmental efficiencies including power availability/delivery to IoT platforms and devices
- Leverage network peering and exchange platforms to establish new revenue
streams and gain access to existing markets
- Increase the core peering metro density in transport layer and switch/router fabrics to support the next generation of user demand and traffic growth
- Seek out hosting services at execution sites that are in close proximity to users and customers, and the end-to-end service chain of partners, service delivery
organizations, clouds and wire/wireless networks
- Solve the latency challenge with bandwidth, traffic control and proximity
On successful completion of the Program, the graduates of B. Tech. (CSE-IOT)
Program will be able to: There are a number of factors powering the progression of the IoT within the digital economy, including:
- Powerful new mobile, wearable or connected devices
- Application (apps) that fuel demand for mobile data and test the limits of the network within most industry sector
- Cloud-based apps and those that rely on content stored in the cloud, which will increase as development accelerates on new Platform-as-a-Service, mobile point of sale and independent software vendor platforms
- New use cases, such as mobile video, which will be significant factors in driving expensive capacity upgrades in networks
Prepare our students for lifelong personal and professional development and
that enable them to exercise leadership and make lasting contributions in their
Continue on new roads of research and discovery in emerging disciplines and
in related interdisciplinary areas.
Provide the educational resources to keep pace with developments in the field.
Magnify our positive impact in serving regional, state, national, and global
needs by building mutually beneficial linkages with industry, institutions,
community and constituencies.
To initiate the development of e-Services for Social Welfare Activities.
REDDY MUBARAK, M.tech,
We Are Proudly Partner With Following Companies