The Electrical Engineering Department of Golden Valley Integrated Campus was established in the year 2009-2010. The B.Tech. degree program is designed to achieve a balance between depth of knowledge acquired through specialization and breadth of knowledge gained through exploration. The undergraduate degree courses offered by the department provide a comprehensive foundation in the core topics of EEE coupled with an area of specialization relevant to emerging engineering challenges.
The Department has started PG course in Power Electronics 2012-13. In EEE, there is growing awareness that the future training and education of electrical engineers in the industry needs to be in the area of highly efficient, industry-relevant skills formation, to enable frequent and rapid deployment of professional skills in new areas. As a step in this direction, the postgraduate programs in power electronics are evolved.
The motto of the department is to provide quality education through rigorous teaching-learning methods and hands-on training to shape over-all personality development of students throughout their careers. The department has good strength of qualified faculties from different corners of the country considering diversity as the most important factor to enhance the knowledge. Expert faculties from different specialization are present to promote the working environment for the students. This program aims at producing engineers with sound knowledge in electrical engineering so as to cope with today’s world.
The Departmental has an online access to IEEE Explore digital library, Science Direct, Springer and other online journals viz institute library. Software being used in industries like MATLAB, Simulink, PSCAD, MULTISIM, PSIM are available in the department to work on top-of-the line projects in various areas of electrical. Instructional laboratories for Basics of Electrical Engineering, Basic Electronics, Analog Electronics and Digital Electronics are fully operational. Advanced laboratories like Electrical Machines, High Voltage Laboratory, Power System Protection Laboratory, Power Electronics and Power Systems are fully operational with advanced technologies, hardware equipments and software.
The department aims at catering to the needs and aspirations of state and its development, reach to the world through state of art laboratories in cutting edge technologies of electrical and electronics engineering and to serve the society at large.
- To provide the necessary domain expertise and infrastructure to the students.
- To make available the advanced laboratories, application oriented engineering principles for students and researchers.
- To offer research and industry orientation to become successful service-oriented technocrats.
Electrical & Electronics Engineering – Programme Educational Objectives
The Electrical and Electronics Engineering programme of Sona College of Technology will prepare its graduates to,
- apply their knowledge and skills to provide solutions to electrical and electronics engineering problems in industry and governmental organizations or to enhance student learning in educational institutions
- work as a team with a sense of ethics and professionalism, and communicate effectively to manage cross-cultural and multidisciplinary teams
- update their knowledge continuously through lifelong learning that contributes to personal and organizational growth.
Electrical & Electronics Engineering – Programme Specific Outcomes
On completion of the B.E. (Electrical and Electronics Engineering) degree the graduates will be able to
- Apply the fundamental knowledge of mathematics, science, electrical and electronics engineering to analyse and solve the complex problems in electrical, electronics and allied interdisciplinary areas.
- Design, develop and implement electrical and electronics and allied interdisciplinary projects to meet the demands of industry and to provide solutions to the current real time problems.
Electrical & Electronics Engineering – Programme Outcomes
- Apply knowledge of Mathematics, Science and Engineering to solve the complex problems in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Identify, formulate, design, analyze and implement an electrical and electronics system, component, or process to meet desired needs
- Design system components that meet economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, and sustainability requirements
- Conduct investigations of complex engineering problems including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of information to provide valid conclusions
- Construct, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern simulation tools to solve complex electrical and electronics circuits
- Apply contextual knowledge to assess social, health, safety and cultural issues and endure the consequent responsibilities relevant to professional engineering practice
- Utilize core engineering knowledge in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context for sustainable development
- Solve professional, legal and ethical issues pertaining to core engineering and its related fields
- Function effectively as a team member or a leader to accomplish a common goal in a multi disciplinary team
- Communicate effectively in both verbal and written forms
- Apply knowledge of engineering and management principles to manage projects effectively in diverse environments as a member or leader of a team
- Engage in independent and lifelong learning for continued professional development
Electric Machines I & II
It is well equipped Lab to provide experimental and hands-on experience to the undergraduate students as a part of their course curriculum. The students are exposed to the detailed study of characteristic and operational aspects of different electrical machines, viz, DC machine, AC machine, transformers etc.
The significance of the Electrical Circuit Simulation Lab is renowned in the various fields of engineering applications.
This lab deals with various electronic techniques and building blocks used in analog signal processing. Experiments and projects using discrete IC modules will be carried out in the laboratory.
Control systems lab
The feedback automatic control systems are an essential feature of numerous industrial processes, scientific instruments and even commercial, social and management situations. This laboratory course gives hands-on experience to the feedback automatic control concepts covered in the theory course.
In this lab, students are introduced with 8086 microprocessor and assembly programming for microprocessors. Further students’ interface peripheral devices with these processors and finally a small embedded system is designed.
Power electronics lab
The lab aims at imparting practical outlook for conversion of power from one form to another. The introduction to different types of switches and their applications, design of circuits for power conversion and their applications are the primary goal of the lab.
Electronic devices and circuits lab
The objective of this laboratory is to understand the concepts, working and characteristics of Different Diodes, BJT and FET Transistors, amplifiers and compensation techniques of transistors.
Electrical circuits lab
In the Electrical Circuit Lab students can create their own electrical circuits and do measurements on it. In the circuits the students can use resistors, light bulbs, switches, capacitors and coils. The circuits can be powered by an AC/DC power supply or batteries.
Power systems lab
The Power Systems lab research areas include modeling, simulation, and optimization of electric power systems (reliability); and planning, protection, automation, control and power quality.
Electrical measurements lab
To understand the correct function of electrical parameters and calibration of voltage, current, single phase and three phase power and energy, and measurement of electrical characteristics of resistance, inductance and capacitance of a circuits through appropriate methods.
Power converters lab
Electric drives play an utmost important role in modern industrial applications and electric transportation. This laboratory is equipped with modern experimental set-ups for post graduates taking the Power Converters & Drives course.
Power system protection lab
In this lab students get familiar with different kinds of relays, fuses, circuit breakers, insulators used in national grid for transmission and distribution. This lab also contains current injector, clamp on meter, one set of microprocessor-based relay, MCBs, air circuit breaker (ACB) etc.
We Are Proudly Partner With Following Companies